Saturday, June 28, 2008

Healing Update

A lot of folks have been asking how I'm healing from my c-section, so I thought I'd give you a quick update. I'm healing well and am feeling much more able-bodied this week. I'm off the heavy duty pain meds, and just on a little mega-dosed ibuprofen a few times a day. I'm glad to be off the other pain meds, as they made me pretty darn foggy. I had a hard time remembering medical details about the babies and oh, small things like Madeline's name (I am pretty sure I called her Elizabeth at one point in front of the nurses) and the city I was born in (needed it for the birth certificate info).

I can walk fairly well now, though not quickly, and getting up and sitting down has been more comfortable. Since my pregnancy clumsiness has stuck around and I drop everything I pick up, it's good to be able to bend down again! I have my 2 week postpartum check up next week, but all is looking well.

1 comment:

Uncle Gene and Aunt Darlene said...

Hello from Uncle Gene and Aunt Darlene---Please keep updating us on the process of Milo and Madline.
All the stuff those little ones must go through make me cry. But they have the best parents ever and a hospital that is providing the must care. I have been having trouble get my comments through I hope this time it will come out.

Love, Uncle Gene and Aunt Darlene