Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Radio Show You Should Hear.

Hello again folks.  You probably weren't expecting me to be posting again so soon, but I wanted to share a link to a radio show I heard today. It was on Radio Lab and it was basically an hour focused on the story of little girl born at 23 weeks 6 days -- that's a week and a couple days even sooner than Milo & Maddy. That doesn't sound like too much, but it is for babies born before 28 weeks (in particular) every day makes a tremendous difference. 

It's a great story and one that does a far better job than I can in detailing what life is like for a NICU family. You'll hear about the type of magical thinking that interrupts the thoughts of parents -- the kinds of thinking that we try to use to guide our decisions and create meaning out of a senseless ordeal that our children our forced to endure.

It really hit home for me. Set aside an hour and listen.

No comments: